Translation projects for direct clients (commercial and governmental), as well as for translation agencies and private individuals. Examples include:
- Medical reports, e.g. for an international medical service associated with a large medical school in Germany and for a Swiss private clinic . Over 400 medical reports translated to date, involving disorders from atopic dermatitis and autoimmune thyroiditis through Klippel-Trénaunay-Weber syndrome and macular degeneration to Schwann cell tumours and varicocoele.
- Summaries of product characteristics (SmPCs, prescribing information), patient information leaflets (PILs), informed consent forms and standard operating procedures (SOPs), package leaflets.
- Communications between German and Swiss medical regulatory authorities and ethics committees, investigators and contract research organisations (CROs).
- Journal articles and manuscripts for publication in specialist medical journals on topics such as iron supplements, liver transplantation, lung cancer, non-viral gene transfer, and the epidemiology of diseases associated with fine dust and nitrogen dioxide pollution.
- Websites e.g. information about a medical team carrying out minimally invasive surgery for hip and knee prostheses.
- Documents in lay language e.g. for patients about to undergo an investigation, explaining ultrasound procedures for different indications and including sections on procedures, precautions, purpose, risks and contraindications.
- Abstracts e.g. talks at a radiology congress on advanced aspects of computer tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and contrast media.
- In-house documents for two large European telemedicine companies, including routine administrative communications, PowerPoint presentations and texts written for the guidance of doctors advising patients with telemedicine techniques. Documents included guidelines for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chronic heart failure, bleeding during pregnancy and diabetes.
- Catalogues of medical devices and equipment.
- Book chapters and magazine articles for the Swiss Federal Office of Public Heath.
- Transcripts of academic records, curricula vitae, diplomas etc.
See also ‘Editing and proofreading‘