I am a native English speaker, translate from German to English and specialise in German medical translation.
As an emeritus professor in medical sciences I have many years of experience in medical research and teaching. I did my PhD at Stanford
University followed by an Alexander von Humboldt research fellowship and a sabbatical year
in Munich. I have published extensively in international journals throughout my career, so
that I have an excellent knowledge of medical and scientific terminology and a great deal
of experience in writing, editing and proofreading medical, scientific and technical English.
My wife is a German native speaker and physician with excellent English. With her background (and patience!) she is the best proofreader one could wish for.
- Medical translation German-English
- Pharmaceutical translation and proofreading
- Editing and proofreading medical texts and manuscripts for publication
- Pharmaceutical reports and correspondence for eight of the top ten pharma companies
- Patient information, informed consent declarations, SmPCs, case narratives etc.
- Correspondence with ethics committees and regulatory bodies on clinical trials
- Documents on medical technology
- Manuscripts for publication
- Conference posters
- Medical reports
- see also Projects
B.Sc (Hons) (University of Sydney)
PhD (Stanford University)
DipTrans IoL (Chartered Institute of Linguists)
Member: ASTTI (Swiss Association of Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters)
Member: IAPTI (International Association of Professional Translators and Interpreters)
SDL Trados Studio 2014, Wordfast Pro, Swordfish III, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat