As an emeritus professor in medical sciences I have many years of experience in medical research and teaching. I did my PhD at Stanford University followed by postdoctoral fellowships in Munich, Melbourne and Canberra. After a long period of teaching and research in Sydney, I retired from active research and obtained a Diploma in Translation in London. I have published extensively in international journals throughout my career, so that I have an excellent knowledge of medical and scientific terminology and a great deal of experience in writing, editing and proofreading medical, scientific and technical English. I specialise in German to English medical translation and currently work as a freelance translator in Bern, Switzerland.
My wife is a German native speaker and physician with excellent English. With her background (and patience!) she is the best proofreader one could wish for.
- Pharma reports and correspondence for eight of the top ten pharma companies
- Patient information, informed consent declarations, SmPCs and case narratives
- Correspondence with ethics committees and regulatory bodies on clinical trials
- Medical reports, manuscripts for publication, documents on medical technology
- see also Projects
- BSc (Hons), University of Sydney (Australia)
- PhD, Stanford University (USA)
- DipTrans IoL, Chartered Institute of Linguists (UK)